Saturday, July 14, 2007

After watching An Inconvenient Truth

[下午 12:34:19] .SSD says: there?

[下午 12:34:40] .SSD says: lunch?

[下午 12:34:58] .SSD says: i watch the movie An Inconvenient Truth

[下午 12:35:58] .SSD says: I have been waiting for watching this movie and finally I went to Blockbuster to get one

[下午 12:37:15] .SSD says: and that's really an fascinating movie although I fell asleep around 10 o'clock as I watching it...

[下午 12:39:09] .SSD says: I woke up around 8:30 and continued it.. finished it then bought my breakfast home and watched the extra information in the DVD

[下午 12:41:08] .SSD says: if you've heard of that.. it's not a normal story-telling movie.. no fancy story, no pop stars.. no special effects..

[下午 12:41:32] .SSD says: the only thing inside the movie is a PRESENTATION about global warming

[下午 12:42:23] .SSD says: a incredible presentation by Al Gore, American's ex- Vice President

[下午 12:43:05] .SSD says: I don't want to say too much on him. bc when u watch this you will know him

[下午 12:43:22] .SSD says: BUT i made a decision after watching this

[下午 12:43:58] .SSD says: I will buy some DVDs to share them with friends, as many as possible..

[下午 12:44:53] .SSD says: maybe I will take that to my English class, which is also an perfect material for English learning

[下午 12:45:03] .SSD says: and to my office...

[下午 12:46:13] .SSD says: maybe be buy one for the deputy Magistrate of Taichung County Gov't, if he didn't have one or have not seen the movie

[下午 12:47:11] .SSD says: and somehow I start to think about issues like what if Mr. Bush didn't win the election but Mr. Gore did

[下午 12:47:30] .SSD says: what would be the change he could make for the earth

[下午 12:49:33] .SSD says: will he be the Candidate of the Democrat to the Presidency election? obviously not according to the current situation

[下午 12:50:59] .SSD says: but what if he did, will he lose again?

[下午 12:53:20] .SSD says: I don't know, but I was very impressed by the ending of the movie. he's saying like, this is a question if we human being can transcend ourselves and the history?

[下午 12:53:41] .SSD says: and he said YES.

[下午 12:55:00] .SSD says: the build-up of democracy system is the proof. for many cases we human being figured out what is wrong and what is correct.. and we change it!

[下午 12:56:59] .SSD says: even on the environmental issue, we have some successful cases. to protect the O3 layer is the one. American Gov't and other coutries' contribution made the worsening situation become better

[下午 12:57:46] .SSD says: Al Gore points out that all we need or actually what the gov't need is the political will

[下午 12:58:56] .SSD says: this sounds pity for me.. sometimes we know something are right. but without political power we just couldn't make it.

[下午 12:59:32] .SSD says: it's the reality. but it's not the evidence that things have no way to be changed.

[下午 01:01:48] .SSD says: as we know, a well-function democratic system should transfer people's voice to the decision maker. Only if all of us believe THAT is a case. that do MATTER. then things are gonna be changed

[下午 01:06:01] .SSD says: somehow I was very very very touched by this movie not only the way Gore try to convince us how it is serious, but also that feeling, that people, us are facing a significant problem. and I see some heroic people working hard to solve and to help us understand the problem

[下午 01:07:47] .SSD says: those director, producers, even the singer who sing for the movie... sacrifice a lot and only thing in their mind is to support the movie and let it influence more people..

[下午 01:09:18] .SSD says: oh my, if you listen to that music.. you would certainly drop some tear or have some fire in your mind.. things are gonna be changed. people should wake up right NOW

[下午 01:10:10] .SSD says: and most importantly you are not alone.. hey I just can't help but feel that is really a good song, especially when it's in this movie

[下午 01:11:17] .SSD says: it seems i type too much on this, it's originally the messages I key in the Skype window.. to my sister

[下午 01:12:26] .SSD says: but she wasn't there.. ha so I keep typing and it's no longer some messages but become an article .. uh ha.. so I decide to let it be my words after watching An Inconvenient Truth.



http://climatecrisis.org/


No comments:

Powered By Blogger